Have you ever had a glassful of chilled sugarcane juice on a hot summer afternoon? If not, you have missed one of the most pleasurable experience one can ever have. Read on to know about some amazing sugarcane juice benefits, facts and recipes.
Sugarcane juice will not only cool your body down during summers but will also provide you with a series of health benefits.
The juice is extremely delicious by itself. However, if you want, you can enhance its taste further by adding condiments of your choice.
This write-up would educate you about various health benefits offered by sugarcane juice during the summer months. Here, we have also shared a few sumptuous recipes of the juice for pampering your taste buds.
- 1 Some Crucial Sugarcane Juice Facts
- 2 Ten Incredible Sugarcane Juice Benefits
- 2.1 1) The Juice can Boost your Energy Instantly
- 2.2 2) Sugarcane Juice Promotes Liver Health
- 2.3 3) The Juice Showcases Anti-cancer Properties
- 2.4 4) You will have a Healthier Digestive System
- 2.5 5) The Juice can be Beneficial even for Diabetics
- 2.6 6) It Promotes Kidney Health
- 2.7 7) The Juice Reduces Pains Caused by UTIs and STDs
- 2.8 8) It Promotes Teeth and Bone Development
- 2.9 9) The Drink Takes Care of Oral Health
- 2.10 10) Your Acne Breakouts will be Gone Soon
- 3 Sugarcane Juice Recipes: Best Ways to have this Drink in Summer
Some Crucial Sugarcane Juice Facts
Before knowing the medicinal properties of the juice, you should be aware of the following facts:
- Sugarcane is a grass plant and can be of as many as 36 varieties.
- Sugarcane’s fat and cholesterol content is 0.
- Without additives, each 8 oz (or 240 ml) serving of the juice contains 30 grams of natural sugars and 250 calories.
- The juice might be devoid of protein and fiber but is a rich source of essential minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
You might be wondering how can a drink be healthy in spite of having such high levels of sugar in it. Read through the section below to clear the confusion.
Ten Incredible Sugarcane Juice Benefits
1) The Juice can Boost your Energy Instantly
Sugarcane juice is one of the most popular summer drinks and is sold both in high-end restaurants and roadside kiosks.
That’s because people from all segments of the society prefer having this drink to energize themselves and prevent onset of dehydration during summer.
The juice is a rich source of simple sugars. Our body needs little time to absorb simple sugars, which makes them the best weapon for replenishing sugar levels instantly.
2) Sugarcane Juice Promotes Liver Health
Sugarcane juice is widely known as a highly effective natural remedy for liver ailments like jaundice.
It’s an alkaline juice and thereby allows our liver to maintain a neutral pH effortlessly. This, in turn, ensures that liver enzymes like catalase can function without any hindrance.
3) The Juice Showcases Anti-cancer Properties
The juice has a high concentration of minerals like manganese, iron, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
Presence of all these essential nutrients make the juice alkaline in nature. In addition, it’s also a rich source of flavonoids.
These features provide the juice with the ability to stave off malignant cells. According to herbalists, sugarcane juice is particularly useful in treatment of breast cancer and prostate cancer.
4) You will have a Healthier Digestive System
If you have a history of suffering from digestive disorders, adding sugarcane juice to your daily diet would help you immensely.
Being a potassium-rich drink, it will improve your stomach’s pH balance and enable adequate secretion of various digestive juices. The drink is also instrumental in preventing stomach infections.
5) The Juice can be Beneficial even for Diabetics
It’s hard to believe that a drink with such high levels of sugar can be beneficial for diabetics. However, the fact is that when consumed in moderation, this delicious juice can be helpful even for people diagnosed with diabetes.
The glycemic index of natural sugars present in the juice is low, which prevents sudden spike in an individual’s blood glucose levels. This allows diabetics to consume small amount of the juice regularly and enjoy its diverse health benefits.
6) It Promotes Kidney Health
People with kidney disorders are usually asked to consume a diet devoid of saturated fats and cholesterol and low in sodium. Sugarcane juice has all these three qualities.
7) The Juice Reduces Pains Caused by UTIs and STDs
Dilute sugarcane juice by adding some coconut water to it and have it after adding a teaspoon of lemon juice to the mix.
This remedy alleviates burning sensations experienced by individuals suffering from sexually transmitted disease (STD), kidney stones, prostatitis, or urinary tract infection (UTI).
8) It Promotes Teeth and Bone Development
Sugarcane juice is a calcium-rich beverage. Consuming the juice regularly would prevent you from becoming a victim of calcium deficiency and ensure proper development of your teeth and skeletal system.
9) The Drink Takes Care of Oral Health
Are you experiencing bad breath associated with tooth decay? If yes, then start taking a glassful of sugarcane juice every day.
The phosphorus and calcium present in the juice would make your teeth stronger and promote tooth enamel production. This will prevent your teeth from getting decayed and soon you will get rid of the embarrassing bad breath.
10) Your Acne Breakouts will be Gone Soon
We often get acne breakouts more frequently during the summer months. Topical application of sugarcane juice can help us get rid of this skin woe pretty easily.
The juice is a rich source of AHAs or alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid. These components exfoliate our skin and boost cell turnover.
This, in turn, prevent formation of acne and also removes the existing breakups.
- Prepare a face mask by combining Fuller’s earth or Multani mitti and sugarcane juice.
- Apply the mix all over your face and neck leaving the areas around your eyes.
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes or until the mask dries up completely.
- Wash your face well using cool water.
Sugarcane Juice Recipes: Best Ways to have this Drink in Summer
This drink involves use of freshly extracted sugarcane juice, lemon juice, and ginger.
- Peel and chop the sugarcane into tiny pieces.
- Grind the pieces along with half inch grated ginger.
- Strain the juice into a glass, add ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice, and serve.
To make your summer a little more enjoyable, you can prepare ice-cream, sorbet, or payasam using sugarcane juice.
The best thing about using sugarcane juice as an ingredient of the above dishes is that you will not need to add sugar for sweetening the items. The juice is enough for making the dishes flavorsome and sweet.
Lemon Chicken Prepared using Sugarcane Juice
Instead of adding sugar or honey, you can add some sugarcane juice to make your lemon chicken even more appetizing.
To conclude, we would like to affirm that sugarcane juice not only tastes great and helps us remain refreshed even when its extremely hot but also offers tons of health benefits as mentioned above.