A myth about onions is hilarious! It says that you should rub cut onions on your windshield and it would prevent them from frosting. Whether this myth is true or not, you will have to try and decide upon. Meanwhile, here are some proven benefits of eating onions.
Health Benefits of Onions
- Majorly antibiotic in nature, the antimicrobial properties of the onions give them carminative properties making the body fight minor infections.
- With a rich content of sulphur, fiber and huge reserves of Vitamins B and C, Onions will not make you fat and can control the levels of cholesterol in your body.
- A small piece of onion if inhaled strongly can immediately stop a bleeding nose.
- Try eating a juicy and ripe onion for cure of insomnia and sleeping disorders and enjoy a good night’s sleep.
- Make a fresh glass of onion juice, and drink it if you have a stomach upset or a digestive disorder.
- Onions are very effective against neck, head and colon cancers and is also effective for treating inflammation caused due to arthritis.
- Worried about a dark pigmentation or patch on your skin? Fret no more and just apply onion juice with turmeric to get rid of it.
- The benefits of consuming onions are many and the bet apart about eating onions is that they are as yummy as the number of benefits that they carry.
Did You Know?
A small chunk of onion can reverse the side effects of fever if it kept in contact with the forehead. Another trick is to get rid of any type of body pain. Just fry and onion is castor oil or sesame oil and all body aches would vanish by consuming it. This onion juice can also be used as infant eye drops.