The word “Triphala” means “Three Fruits”. It is an ayurvedic herbal concoction of Amalaki, Bibhitaki and Haritaki. All these natural herbs have magical effects on our health. This write up is discussing about the major health benefits of triphala and its side effects.
Health Benefits of Triphala
Triphala churna is an ayurvedic mixture been used as ayurvedic remedy to cure different health disabilities. Here are some benefits of triphala churna which are noteworthy such as;
- Increase colon’s absorption function by cleaning digestive tract.
- It nourishes and rejuvenates tissues
- The mixture itself a natural antioxidant and thus improve the immunity system
- It boosts respiratory, cardiovascular, urinary, reproductive, and nervous systems
- Triphala can effectively reduce weight
- Hugely used as natural cleansing and detoxification agent
- It has beneficial effects on all doshas like vata, pitta and kapha
- It prevents urinary diseases like “Prameha” by purifying urine
- Alleviates constipation and bloating
- Purifies the blood
- Control cholesterol by removing excess fat from the body
- Makes hair roots stronger and enrich hair color
- Improves vision
- Rich in polyphenols which is responsible for reducing oxidative stress
Besides tones of triphala churna benefits, it has some side effects as well which should not be ignored.
Side Effects of Triphala Churna
Excess use of triphala churna can make the whole situation more complicated and can cause headache, a rash, nausea, gas, upset stomach, and diarrhea.
This churna can cause miscarriage and thus strongly suggest not to use during pregnancy.
The Triphala mixture comprises Indian Gooseberries which contain high sugar level. Thus, excess use of triphala powder can increase sugar level.
Sometimes, it can be allergic too and cause Swelling in the mouth and throat, rashes and redness on the skin, obstruction in breathing.
In brief, if you find any side effects of using triphala churna then reduce the level of ingestion and get expert prescription.