There are a wide range of teas to choose from, all boasting their own unique flavors and health benefits. You can purchase pre-made blends from the various companies or you could purchase the ingredients and make your own custom blend at home.
When it comes to Ayurveda, once you know your Dosha, you can find the tea that is right for you so you can achieve greater balance and wellness.
Which Teas are Best for your Dosha? Keep reading to learn more, and then consider adding teas to your daily routine to reap all of their benefits.
The fiery Pitta Dosha finds balance through the introduction of cooling herbs and foods.
- Chamomile – This popular tea is a great choice for Pittas because it has calming effects. If your mind is racing and you are having trouble falling asleep, this tea might be able to provide your mind and body with gentle sedative effects, so that you can finally get some much-needed rest.
- Lemon Balm – This is a great choice for Pittas because it could help reduce headaches and blood pressure, while also helping to calm your nervous system.
- Rose – this is another great choice because it helps the body repair itself, thanks to its antioxidant content. For a Pitta who leads a life that seems to be filled with stressful days all the time, this tea might help ease the mental and physical problems that could result from stress.
Also Read- Vata Kapha Diet to Balance your Dosha
Warmth and coziness could help relieve some of the anxiety and tension that imbalanced Vatas experience.
- Ginger – It provides warming effects that could heal the digestive system, which could experience problems when Vata is not in a state of balance.
- Ashwagandha – this adaptogen could help your body cope with anxiety and stress, making it ideal for the Vata-dosha. Also, if you feel tired or you have anemia, this herb could provide you with a little extra iron. According to experts, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, though, ask your doctor before drinking tea with Ashwagandha.
- Cardamom – this tea has oils that provide grounding effects to Vatas. It is also high in minerals and vitamins that support detoxification, digestion, and the immune system.
The Kapha dosha could benefit from foods and drinks that help to stimulate digestion, so aiming for light, dry, spicy, and warming options could be beneficial.
- Dandelion – this detoxifying tea could help Kaphas feel less lethargic. It could also support the immune system while stimulating the flow of bile and improving digestion.
- Blue Vervain – this tea could serve as a diuretic that could also help a Kapha detoxify the body and remove excess fluid in an effort to feel lighter.
- Marshmallow Root – choose this tea when you want to soothe your throat and reduce congestion as a Kapha. Plus, if you suffer from lymph node swelling and water retention, this tea could also benefit you.
There you have it: try these teas as you work on balancing your dosha. You might be surprised by how effective they are.